“System Center Operations Manager 2007 Training” – Ein Überblick
Trainsignal gibt mit seinem Videokurs wiedermal einen sehr guten Einblick in die Funktionsweise und Administration des Operation Managers.
Der Trainer leitet strukturiert und in gutem Englisch durch die Voraussetzungen, Installation und Administration des Operation Managers. Hierbei wird auf eventuelle Probleme hingewiesen und jeder Schritt weitreichend erklärt. Die Videos sind aufeinander abgestimmt und bauen teileweise aufeinander auf.
- In this video I will outline the scenario we will be using throughout the course and introduce you to how we will be working with System Center Operations Manager in this course.
Video 2 – Operations Manager Overview
- In this video you will learn about the reasons for using System Center Operations Manager and discover the various features and components of SCOM.
Video 3 – Installing Operations Manager
- In this video you will learn how to properly prepare for your Operations Manager installation. Plus, you will work hands-on to install SCOM in your own environment.
Video 4 – Introduction to the Management Console
- In this video you will learn how to utilize the Management Console to monitor the health and performance of the servers and applications in your environment.
Video 5 – Post-Installation Tasks, Discovery, and Agent Deployment
- In this video you will learn how to deploy Operations Manager agents to servers. Plus, you will work hands-on to utilize these agents on servers managed within SCOM.
Video 6 – Understanding and Using Management Packs
- Every network consists of several systems like Windows Machines, Linux Servers, Printers and Network switches, and many services such as DNS and File Services. In this video you will learn how to utilize management packs within Operations Manager to help you monitor these systems and services in your own Operations Manager environment.
Video 7 – Groups, Rules, Tasks, and Monitors
- In this video you will work hands-on to create and use objects such as groups, rules, tasks and monitors to help ease the daily burden of monitoring the systems in your Operations Manager environment.
Video 8 – Understanding Alerts, Notifications and Distributed Application Monitoring
- A major reason behind using a service like SCOM is to make sure the administrators are notified when an alert is generated. In this video you will gain an understanding of the different types of alerts while working hands-on to respond to these alerts and create email based notifications for all critical alerts.
Video 9 – Monitoring Non-Windows Devices
- In addition to Windows machines, many companies use network equipment, printers, and SUSE Linux Enterprise machines. In this video you will learn how to initiate up/down monitoring for all network devices and printers. Plus, you will work step-by-step to initiate full monitoring for the SUSE server.
Video 10 – Client Monitoring
- Keeping track of your client’s software crashes, hardware failures, systems quality and compliance is critical to making sure your end users maximize productivity. In this video you will work hands-on to implement the different client monitoring capabilities included in Operations Manager that will allow you to make sure your client systems remain operating at a high level.
Video 11 – Deploying Operations Manager Reporting and Data Warehouse
- In this video you will learn how to utilize warehousing and reporting to obtain historical performance information to allow for future expansion considerations. Plus, you will work hands-on to install the data warehouse and reporting components.
Video 12 – Operations Manager Security
- Security is a constant point of emphasis in any network environment. In this video you will learn how to utilize Operations Manager security to make sure operators only see what they need to see. Plus, you will work hands-on to develop and implement a security plan for future security considerations.
Video 13 – Monitoring VMware Servers
- VMware has become an integral part of many IT operating environments. In this video you will learn how to monitor your VMware servers in Operations Manager. Plus, you will work hands-on to install and utilize Veeam’s Management Pack for VMware for Operations Manager.
- In this video you will learn how to properly utilize the Service Level Dashboard, which summarizes service level information into “at-a-glance” monitors. Plus, you will work hands-on to deploy and use the Service Level Dashboard.